Florida Education Association members do everything from ensuring students get to school safely to feeding them nutritious meals, from teaching reading, writing, math, and even rocket science to inspiring the next generation of artists, activists, and leaders.
We are in every county in the state and we make Florida’s future possible. We are public education experts.
When you choose to join your local union, you become a member of FEA and join more than 140,000 educators united in their mission to ensure success for Florida’s students and public schools.
This statewide community of colleagues includes:
- Teachers – When given the resources and opportunity, classroom teachers can use their training and experience to help every student unlock his or her full potential.
- Education staff professionals – Important members of each school community, education staff professionals ensure student success at every turn: transporting them safely to and from school, providing nourishing meals, keeping schools clean, safe and well maintained, caring for sick children, assisting students with special needs, communicating with parents and providing guidance to students throughout their career.
- Higher education faculty and graduate assistants – Our higher ed members are committed to opportunity and student succes at the post-secondary level. United Faculty of Florida members promote academic excellence, a strong faculty voice and academic freedom.
- Retirees – Retired educators continue honoring their commitment to great public education for all through mentoring, volunteering and political involvement.
- Education students – represents the future educators of Florida. Their unwavering commitment to student success is the key to a bright future.
- Early Career Educators – These teachers and education staff professionals are starting their professional journey and FEA provides programs and resources to support their work, life and career.
Each and every FEA member is deeply committed to the success of every student and to ensuring our educators have the resources they need to make that success possible.