Are you enrolled in a college/university studying to become a teacher?
Do you want to join with 50,000 other aspiring educators and begin to have a voice in your profession?
Then join the Student FEA today! All levels of students pursuing teaching are eligible for membership ($31/year).
Student FEA Professional Learning & Leadership Conference will be held Jan 31- Feb 2 at the Omni Hotel Championsgate. This is the highlight of our year, you won’t want to miss it! Click here to register.
We believe in excellence in teacher quality and the importance of community outreach for student success. We are a united voice for our profession and in fulfilling the promise that all children have the human and civil right to a free, quality public education.
Student FEA provides a unique opportunity to be involved in our professional organization prior to beginning their career as educators. As members of the most influential group for aspiring educators, we have the power to have our voices heard. We are empowered advocates who are passionate about our students, the preservation of public education and becoming leaders who will act with passion and knowledge as we grow in our profession.
Joining Student FEA also provides members with access to:
- Professional development through workshops and conferences specifically
designed for the needs of aspiring educators
- Mentoring & networking opportunities with practicing educators
- Community outreach projects
- Economic benefits through FEA ACCESS card
- $3 million for professional liability and legal services for internship
- Leadership opportunities and a chance to affect change in areas like teacher education, education legislation, and certification requirements
Connect with Student FEA on Facebook and Twitter.
SFEA 2019-20 officers:
President: Jairus Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
State Board: Kyleigh Jackson (kyleigh.jackson2@Knights.ucf.edu)
Kaitlyn Montcrieff (email@example.com)
Bianca Dorval (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Nina Janowicz (email@example.com)
Patrick Crandall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Student FEA’s 2019-20 theme: We the Aspiring Educators . . .
Teaching requires so much more than academics – providing hope, nurturing creativity and curiosity, and helping each individual student become the best possible version of themselves. With this in mind, we will continue and expand our commitment to getting books in the hands who need them through stocking our Little Free Libraries as well as sharing our First Book bank that we were awarded last year.
We are also planning to host a “Want to Be City” for our outreach project during our annual state conference. This project exposes students — we’re targeting fifth- to ninth-graders — to a variety of careers. We believe this is one way of giving hope, broadening their experiences and bringing the joy of learning into their homes and communities!
2019-20 Monthly Themes
• August – Building Our Future – Recruitment & Retention – tabling, sharing our organization, getting connected
• September – Finding Your Voice 101– understanding you are part of something bigger, advocating for students
• October – Anti-Bullying Month – promote inclusivity on campus and in our schools
• November – Giving Back & Being Thankful – our communities & shout out to your most impactful teachers
• December – Student Movements & Advocacy – standing for what you believe in
• January – Politics in Education – be ready for statewide action
• February – Embracing Our Diverse Roots – being an ally for your peers
• March – Women in Education – showcasing the strength and contributions of women
• April – Think Globally, Act Locally – celebrating Earth Day
• May – THE BIG PICTURE – preparing for testing, finals, graduation & next steps in life.