Are you enrolled in a college/university studying to become a teacher?
Do you want to join with 50,000 other aspiring educators and begin to have a voice in your profession?
Then join the Student FEA today! All levels of students pursuing teaching are eligible for membership ($31/year).
We believe in excellence in teacher quality and the importance of community outreach for student success. We are a united voice for our profession and in fulfilling the promise that all children have the human and civil right to a free, quality public education.
Student FEA provides a unique opportunity to be involved in our professional organization prior to beginning their career as educators. As members of the most influential group for aspiring educators, we have the power to have our voices heard. We are empowered advocates who are passionate about our students, the preservation of public education and becoming leaders who will act with passion and knowledge as we grow in our profession.
Joining Student FEA also provides members with access to:
- Professional development through workshops and conferences specifically
designed for the needs of aspiring educators
- Mentoring & networking opportunities with practicing educators
- Community outreach projects
- Economic benefits through FEA ACCESS card
- $3 million for professional liability and legal services for internship
- Leadership opportunities and a chance to affect change in areas like teacher education, education legislation, and certification requirements.
Connect with Student FEA on Facebook and Twitter.
Student FEA’s 2018-19 theme: We Believe!
SFEA 2018-19 officers:
- President: Jaffa Williams (University of South Florida)
- Vice President: Casey Lavallee (University of Central Florida)
- Secretary: Amanda Sanchez (Florida Gulf Coast University)
- Historian: Bobbi Foote (Florida Gulf Coast University)
- Social Media Director: Brianna White (Florida Gulf Coast University)
Teaching requires so much more than academics – providing hope, nurturing creativity and curiosity, and helping each individual student become the best possible version of themselves. With this in mind, we will continue and expand our commitment to getting books in the hands who need them through stocking our Little Free Libraries as well as sharing our First Book bank that we were awarded last year.
We are also planning to host a “Want to Be City” for our outreach project during our annual state conference. This project exposes students — we’re targeting fifth- to ninth-graders — to a variety of careers. We believe this is one way of giving hope, broadening their experiences and bringing the joy of learning into their homes and communities!
In 2018-19 Student FEA will have monthly activities on each campus to support our statewide theme:
- August: We believe in Aspiring Educators
- September: Safe Space in Schools
- October: Our Voice, Our Vote
- November: Books Are Windows to the World
- December: Sharing Our Gifts
- January: New Beginnings
- February: Teaching is a Work of Heart
- March: Power in the Arts
- April: Protecting Our World
- May: We believe in You