There are many reasons public educators choose to join FEA, but one thing they all have in common is a commitment to ensuring the best possible education for all of Florida’s students.
Joining your local union includes membership in the Florida Education Association and our national affiliates, the American Federation of Teachers and the National Education Association. Your choice to join connects you with a community of colleagues four million strong across the country.
While collective action, advocacy, and contract negotiations are important aspects of the work the Florida Education Association and its members do, we know there are many other shared interests. That is why the FEA is committed to ensuring your professional growth and success in every aspect of your career.
Here are just a few things you’ll receive as part of your local, state and national membership:
- Classroom Resources – As an FEA member you have access to standards-aligned lesson plans and much more
- Legal Services – While most FEA members won’t need legal services, as a member you can be confident you will receive the best and broadest free legal representation of any professional association in the state.
- Member Benefits – From car rentals to discounts at your favorite restaurants, FEA members are entitled to thousands of member-only savings.
- Career Resources – Whether you are an aspiring educator, teacher, education staff professional, higher education member, or a retiree we have resources for every part of your professional journey.
- Grants & Funding – Have a great idea but not the resources to fund it? Check here for information on obtaining grants to make your idea a reality.
- Know Your Rights – Most educators will go through their entire career without facing any disciplinary action. But it’s still important to know and be familiar with your rights should you or your coworkers need to exercise them.
- Voter Toolkit – Elections matter form the schoolhouse to the state house to the White House. This toolkit has everything you – and your friends and family – need to be public education voters.
- Events – FEA events throughout the year allow members to come together, learn from one another and build collective power.