2019 Florida Education Association Delegate Assembly
October 17-19, 2019
Rosen Centre Hotel
9840 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
- voting for members to serve on the National Education Association Board of Directors
- adopting FEA’s budget
- voting on amendments to the FEA Constitution and Bylaws
- recognizing FEA locals for their work in building membership
- discussing and debating New Business Items, which provide guidance and direction to the FEA officers on the priorities of the membership in the year to come.
More than a business meeting
The Delegate Assembly will start promptly at 7:00pm Thursday evening, October 17.
This year’s Welcome Reception starts at 9:30 pm on Thursday evening, so come prepared to have some fun!
Voting – NEW TIME THIS YEAR
Voting will be held during the Friday afternoon lunch break this year, for two hours following the gavel down of the 2nd general session. We will give ample time for delegates to vote and get some lunch before gaveling in to the 3rd general session.
Human and Civil Rights Awards – NEW TIME THIS YEAR
You’ll have your chance to dress to impress because this year, the HCR Awards gala event will be held Friday evening at 7:30 pm – and it will be a formal event!
Once again, FEA will be offering special assistance to those who need it at the 2019 FEA Delegate Assembly. This is for any delegate who may need extra help during the voting process and other DA functions.
Delegates can pre-register for special assistance by sending an email to Emily McCann at Emily.McCann@floridaea.org You can also notify a registration specialist onsite at the DA registration desk.
FEA will provide childcare during the following times:
- Thursday from 5:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Friday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Saturday from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm
Please contact Rickesha Jenkins at Rickesha.Jenkins@floridaea.org to register your children.