The Florida legislature is made up of local representatives who are supposed to serve you, not corporate lobbyists in Tallahassee. In order for them to represent your interests, they must hear from you.
Please take a moment to your legislators tell your story as an educator.
Not sure what to say or where to start?
Consider including information like
- How your students are doing,
- Something a student did that brought a smile to your face,
- Materials you purchased to keep students safe this year,
- How many times your students have been quarantined due to Covid-19, and
- How progress monitoring is already ongoing and is more reliable than what standardized tests results will produce in this year when learning is anything but standard.
Be sure to close with an ask. Remind your legislators of how long you have been working in education and that you are a proud member of your union. Then ask them to support Florida’s public schools, the students who learn there and the women and men who work there.
Enter your address below to find your legislator, how to contact them and begin making a difference today. (Enter your street address, then click the magnifying glass icon or press “enter” to proceed.)