To be the united voice for excellence in public education in Florida.
- Advocate the right to a free, quality public education for all.
- Empower and support local affiliates.
- Advance professional growth, development and status of all who serve the students in Florida’s public schools, colleges, and universities.
- Engage our members and communities to ensure that all students learn and succeed in a diverse world.
These core values define the enduring character of FEA. They influence everything we do:
- Integrity: Demonstrating personal and collective responsibility and accountability for our actions.
- Respect: Valuing and respecting the diversity among individuals and locals.
- Empowerment: Empowering education professionals through organization, mobilization, collective action and solidarity.
- Advocacy: Vigorously advocating for public education and our members.
The FEA strategic goals are of equal organizational importance and priority. The numbering of these goals is for ease of reference only and is not intended to reflect any prioritization of these goals.
- Set the standard for excellence in public education in Florida.
- Be the most influential voice in the public education policy debate.
- Engage supporters of public education.
- Change the policy-making climate.
- Empower and engage FEA locals as advocates for our members and for public education.
- Be a responsive, efficient and credible organization.
- Provide quality professional and leadership development.
- Build a growing membership organization.
- Embrace gender, ethnic and cultural diversity.