The Florida Education Association (FEA) seeks an experienced Administrative Assistant to support the Organizing and Field Services (OFS) Director and Regional Managers. The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit creative problem-solving abilities, excellent customer service skills, the ability to work independently, advanced Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel skills, and the ability to remain organized while managing multiple, competing assignments. This position is responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative support and manages requests for information from FEA staff, local union leaders, FEA members, and the public.
At least two years of professional administrative experience is required. A high school graduate with one or two years of college or advanced training is preferred. Skilled proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel is required. Familiarity with the operations of a membership organization or labor union is highly desirable. Must possess the ability to professionally communicate both orally and in writing. Must possess the ability to understand and adhere to departmental operations and procedures. The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects is critically important.
- Provide a variety of administrative support to the OFS Director and Regional Managers including, but not limited to, maintaining organized hardcopy and electronic files, maintaining calendars, coordinating business travel, processing incoming and outgoing mail, serving as the primary receptionist, and preparing written correspondence.
- Provide excellent customer service to members and local leaders via the telephone, email, and in-person.
- Coordinate the timely payment of all OFS payables and accurately maintain OFS financial records.
- Assist the OFS Director and Regional Managers with tracking leave requests and maintaining leave calendars.
- Assist the OFS staff with accurately and timely submitting expense reports and payables.
- Accurately and efficiently coordinate membership processing and maintenance of membership records.
- Efficiently and effectively use Microsoft Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Efficiently and effectively use Microsoft SharePoint and Teams platforms.
- Coordinate meetings, conferences, conventions, workshops, and facilitate acquisition and participant registration.
- Order and maintain the inventory of office supplies for the OFS Director and Regional Managers.
- Maintain accurate and organized financial records for OFS.
- Research and distribute information requested by officers, directors/managers, staff, and members.
- Manage and coordinate special projects as assigned.
- Assist with administrative support to other departments as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the OFS Director and Regional Managers.
- Acknowledge and support the advancement of FEA’s vision, mission, and strategic goals.
- Identify, contribute to, and support new opportunities to advance FEA’s vision, mission, and strategic goals.
- Perform all work assignments in a manner that effectively and efficiently utilizes FEA resources.
- Contribute to and support the development and implementation of departmental and interdepartmental programs and services.
- Perform all duties, responsibilities, and assignments within the guidelines outlined in the FSO/FEA Collective Bargaining Agreement and in accordance with FEA Policies and Procedures.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary for this position is determined by the negotiated agreement between the Florida Education Association and the Florida Staff Organization based on comparable experience. FEA provides medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term-disability insurance to its employees with no employee premiums. Additionally, FEA provides employer-paid retirement options, annual leave, sick leave, and paid holidays.