Share My Lesson
Have you taken a look at Share My Lesson? There are a bunch of reasons why other educators are taking advantage of this exciting new resource.....
"Share My Lesson," a new digital platform for teachers and ESPs to collaborate and share teaching and learning resources and innovative ideas. The program places a significant emphasis on resources to guide teachers in implementing the new Common Core State Standards. Take a moment to register and start sharing your best ideas with colleagues around the country. Learn more about Share My Lesson.
SHARE MY LESSON STATS
- Over 225,000 registered users
- Over 2 million resources downloaded
- Share My Lesson was highlighted in an article by Edsurge, an online newsletter that focuses on emerging technologies and the education technology industry. Read the article here.
- Perth Amboy (NJ) AFT hosted a BYOL (Bring Your Own Lesson) event in March. The local provided refreshments and pizza, while the teachers brought their own lesson plans to load onto the site. Participants received a free SML t-shirt, which said: “I Shared My Lesson. Did You?”
- Share My Lesson had a significant presence at the AFT PSRP conference and showcased how the site can be used by all school staff from paraprofessionals to food service workers. A new brochure on how Paraprofessionals and other school support can use the site was also released.
COMMON CORE ACTIVITY
- Teachers who helped us build the site are also helping us review the resources for alignment to the Common Core.
- Cadres of teachers are working with AFT and our Innovation Fund to develop lessons aligned with the Common Core to load on Share My Lesson.
- We are establishing a core of members to blog about the Common Core. The blogs will run on Share My Lesson beginning in May and I will be sharing them with you, as well.
- We continue to add resources aligned with the Common Core State Standards. Check out our latest partners:
• 21st Century Lessons: A Boston Teachers Union Initiative
• The Center for Arts Education (CAE)
• Florida Center for Reading Research
NEW FEATURES & UPDATES
- As Share My Lesson continues to expand to new audiences, it is with great pleasure to announce that a new Early Childhood Education section is being developed and is expected to be released in late summer/early fall. This new section will cover toddler to pre-K.
- Now that the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) are finalized, we will be incorporating the scope and sequence of the NGSS into Share My Lesson.
Want to have your own Bring Your Own Lesson event? Holding a professional development day or conference? Want to bring Share My Lesson into your organizing campaigns? . Please send your requests for materials, presentations, workshops, etc. to Heidi Glidden (Hglidden@aft.org).