The Collier County Education Association (CCEA) is seeking applicants for a Service Unit Director in Naples, Florida. CCEA is a local option union of more than 3,000 teachers and 1,000 school support professionals working for the betterment of public education in Collier County, Florida. CCEA is affiliated with Florida Education Association, American federation of Teachers, and the National Education Association. See our website at www.ccea-ocap.com
Position and Description
The CCEA office is staffed by two Service Unit Directors. Total membership for the unit is approximately 2,642 consisting of 2,149 teachers and 493 ESP members. The CCEA office is located in Naples, Florida and serves the communities of Naples, Marco Island, Immokalee, and Everglades City.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent of education and work experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated skills in developing strategies to foster positive change
- Successful work experience in public schools or associations advocating for public schools
- Political Awareness
- Understanding of the bargaining process and its components
- Demonstrable high-level knowledge/skills in all areas of association activities, including:
- Effective verbal skills including presentation skills
- Clear, concise writing skills
- Knowledge of technology and application to work assignment
- Demonstrated skill in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft applications.
- Highly developed and effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated positive collaborative working relationships with others
- Conflict resolution/mediation skills
- Conceptualizing, developing, and delivering training and organizational programs
- Skill in project management, assessment, and evaluation
- Demonstrated effectiveness in counseling, coaching, and mentoring
- Ability to be flexible – shifting priorities/resources with a positive attitude
- Strong public relations skills
- Self-starter who can work without direct supervision
- Awareness of political campaigns and lobbying
Core Job Functions
- Assist local leadership in developing and implementing year-round membership recruitment and retention plans
- Assist in the design and execution of association/rep building level leader training
- Assist local leadership in providing association visibility in worksites where building local leaders/Building Reps have yet to be identified
- Assist local leadership in identifying potential building-level leaders/reps.
- Assist locals in the recruitment and leadership development of Education Support Professionals
- Assist local leadership to develop capacity for advocacy and activism within the membership and larger community
- Provide consultation to members and local Associations on and work to protect member rights and working conditions
- Coordinate state and national resources including raising awareness of member benefits
- Provide salary and negotiations consultation and related training to local leaders
- Develop members’ leadership and organizing skills through training workshops
- Assist in legislative and political activities and maintain familiarity with federal, state and local legislation and policies affecting members.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
Effective August 1, 2020, the CSO/Staff Master Contract has a salary range of $57,132 to $113,202 for 2021-2022. The contract also includes an excellent fringe benefits package.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Rhonda Shimel at Rhonda.Shimel@floridaea.org