- Assist members with professional problems and/or complaints.
- Represent members in Professional Standards investigations– Assigned area
- Assist with program development and implementation in all areas of VUE/VESA activity, including, membership and organizing.
- Provide assistance/support with the VUE steward/building representative training.
- Assist with communications/publications.
- Assist with collective bargaining and contract enforcement
- Process grievances (including Arbitrations) – Assigned area
- Conduct school site visits (min 1 per semester, per school) – Assigned area
- Facilitate/Coordinate assigned committee meetings/actions
- Steward Support & Communication – Assigned area
- Prepare and perform steward trainings when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree
- Experience with organizing and recruiting
- Minimum of 2 years in union staff or leadership
- Demonstrate competence in oral and written communications
- Experience with union grievance procedure & arbitration
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Ability and willingness to work
- Dedication to the union movement
Compensation & Benefits
Salary pre the negotiated agreement between VUE/VUE-SU depending on qualifications and experience. Benefits options include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and retirement benefits. Liberal vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Application Closing Date
Open until filled
Employment Start Date:
VUE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER