A Rally for Public Education | January 13, 2020
On MONDAY, JANUARY 13, 2020 — the eve of the 2020 legislative session — educators and parents will Take On Tallahassee and hold a rally for public education. Join us!
What do Florida’s kids deserve?
- Experienced, qualified teachers in every classroom.
- Class sizes small enough for one-on-one attention.
- Support, tools and time to learn.
- Safe schools and inviting classrooms.
- Well rounded curriculum that includes art, music and PE.
That’s how taxpayer funds should be spent. But…
- Across our state there is a growing teacher shortage and it is hurting Florida’s students.
- Thousands of children do not have a qualified teacher in front of their classroom.
- Our schools are not getting the funding they need for repairs.
- Florida’s class sizes are growing.
- Students are spending too much time taking high-stakes tests.
- And parents are worried about their children’s safety.
Florida’s students and families deserve better.
Together we can build a better future for Florida’s children. Click here if you will commit to join your FEA colleagues all over the state to engage in mass action on January 13th.
It’s time politicians started listening to the people.
It’s time for us to make our voices heard. Let’s take on the Tallahassee politicians.