Take Action for Public Education
Standardized Testing Toolkit
- HB 1557 has passed both chambers and is ready to be sent to Gov. DeSantis for his signature.
- Every student deserves to learn in a safe environment where they are respected and differences are celebrated. HB 1557/SB 1834 is a step backwards because it makes schools less safe, especially for LGBTQ+ students.
- The most important issue for the Legislature to address this session is the teacher and staff shortage. This shortage has been driven in large part by bad policy that has attacked educators’ freedom to teach. This bill furthers those attacks and will only lead to a greater exodus of professionally trained teachers.
- Click here for more information on HB 1557/SB 1834.
- John Harris Mauer, Public Policy Director for Equality Florida sums up exactly why this bill is a danger to students and educators in Florida in this clip.