Parent engagement is critical to student success, especially with the new Common Core State Standards. But parents must understand the standards in order to help their child succeed in school....
Florida teachers have been slowly integrating Common Core into their lesson plans. Parents who understand Common Core are better able to help their child learn...
Common Core Facts:
Here are a few tips from Scholastic to help parents support their child:
1. Talk about books, especially the great ones.
2. Ask your children questions about what they’re reading.
3. Push your kids to read nonfiction.
4. Encourage your kids to write, write, write.
5. Talk math with your kids.
2017 FEA Summer Academy: The FEA Summer Academy will be held from June 11-16, 2017 at the Sawgrass Marriott in Ponte Vedra. Stay tuned for more details!
|Take Back Our Schools,
Our Florida, Our State
|Click here to find out how you can help|